Organizing your wardrobe is one important step to getting your whole life organized. If you don't have to spend valuable time trying to figure out what to wear, you can get on with your morning. Don't spend your days in a rush because you couldn't find the right shoes or jacket. Instead, pare your wardrobe down to just what you need, and take time to enjoy yourself. Organizing your wardrobe is the first step to coordinating everything in your life.
General Tips :
- Once you have whittled down your wardrobe, you need to assess the layout of your wardrobe. Measure the space you have, making sure to utilize backs of doors, floor space, and all interior walls.
- When you go to shop for boxes, bins, and other necessary space-savers, make sure you have your wardrobe measurements in hand.
- Use every square inch of your wardrobe. Hang shoe racks on the back of your wardrobe door. Classic belt hangers with multiple hooks are also a good solution for hanging camisoles, or scarves.
- Keep items you use frequently at eye level or below and items you rarely use higher up. Labeled boxes are good for storing things like bathing suits or turtlenecks because you can rotate them higher or lower in your wardrobe depending on the season.
- Invest in the right kind of hanger for the type of clothing you are hanging. Use padded hangers for items made from delicate fabrics, plastic hangers for button-down shirts, and sturdy wood hangers for suit jackets as they help retain the shape of the items.