Aloo ke Masaledar Lacche
||red chili powder
|8 big size
||Oil for frying
||salt to taste
||dry mango powder
- Take off the potatoes, wash and cut into fine matchsticks or grate.
- Soak in cold water for at least 1 hour, changing the water twice.
- Remove and pat dry on a towel.
- Heat up the oil in a kadhai over moderate heat.
- Mix in a handful of potato matchsticks at a time and fry, stirring constantly to keep them separate.
- Remove when they are pale golden and spread on an absorbent paper to take off excess oil.
- Mix everything salt, red chili powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder and chat masala.
- Sprinkle this Masala mixture over the fried potatoes while they are still hot.
- Serve like that or cool and store in an airtight container.
- It will keep for a week.